Purchasing C-MAP Charts from Rose Point
Open the Main Menu > Chart Portfolio and select C-MAP Charts in the list on the left side of the window to select the C-MAP chart catalog.
If you have upgraded from a previous version of Coastal Explorer, you may need to install the C-MAP Add-On and the C-MAP Licensing System at this point. If these are needed, Coastal Explorer will prompt you.
The catalog will show the available C-MAP MAX charts in either a list or world-map form. Use the buttons in the middle of the toolbar to select the form you want to see.
When you select a chart, some information about it will appear in the Properties Panel along with an Add to Cart button. Click that button for any charts you want to purchase and notice that a Shopping Cart panel appears above the properties.
Notice that many areas are covered by more than one chart option. In some cases this is because adjacent regions have some overlap, and in other cases this is because different types of charts are available for the same area. If clicking on a chart does not select the one you want, try clicking on the edge of the chart area rather than the interior. You can also right-click on an area and use the Select Other Chart option to pick the one you want.
Once youve selected the charts you want to purchase and have added them to your shopping cart, press the View Cart / Check Out button to place your order.
After you have completed your order, licenses for your new charts will be installed on your PC and Coastal Explorer will begin downloading the charts. You will see progress of the download in the Properties Panel.
When the download completes, your C-MAP charts are ready to be used. To use them, exit the Chart Portfolio and select Chart Tools > Chart Types > C-MAP Charts or press the M key.
Installing C-MAP charts on a second or third PC
You may install C-MAP chart licenses on each of your active Coastal Explorer PCs (up to three). After you have purchased a C-MAP chart license on one PC, you use this procedure to install the C-MAP charts and licenses on your other PCs.
- Open the Chart Portfolio and select the C-MAP Chart Store. Install the C-MAP Add-Ons if you are prompted.
- Open the Main Menu > Licensing and Add-Ons > Add-Ons window.
- Find the C-MAP charts in the list of your Add-Ons.
- Click the Install button.
The C-MAP chart download will start and a license will be installed in this PC. Once the download has completed, your C-MAP charts will be ready to use.
Installing C-MAP charts on a PC without using the Internet
If you need to install C-MAP charts on a second or third PC without using the Internet, you will need to call Rose Point in order to activate your C-MAP charts for the additional PCs.
Please follow this procedure:
- Insert a disc or USB Flash Drive that contains the C-MAP Chart files that you will be using into your PC. (You may copy the files from another PC onto a USB Flash Drive.)
- Open the C-MAP Chart Store in the Chart Portfolio using the PC where you want to use the C-MAP charts. (You cannot use a different PC for this; it MUST be the PC where you want to use the C-MAP charts.)
- Find the chart that youve purchased in the catalog.
- Right-click on that chart and select the Install License... option. This will display a window that shows you your Coastal Explorer Product ID, your Installation ID, the C-MAP Chart ID, and a License Request Code. You must provide all of this information to Rose Point in order to get a C-MAP Chart License.
- Once you have gathered the information, call Rose Point at 425-605-0985 and ask for a C-MAP Chart License. You will need to provide the various codes to the operator and the operator will provide you with a C-MAP Chart License Code.
- Enter the C-MAP Chart License code into the Install License window.
Coastal Explorer will install the license and then scan all of your removable drives for the appropriate C-MAP chart files and copy them to your hard drive. Once the files have been copied, your C-MAP charts are ready to be used.